SQL Server 2012 will provide mission critical Confidence with increased uptime, ultra-fast performance, and enhanced security features for mission-critical workloads; Innovative advancements with managed self-service data exploration and astonishing and interactive data visualization capabilities; The cloud on its own terms by enabling the creation and extension of solutions across the cloud on the premises and in the public cloud. SQL Server 2012 is available in three major editions:
Enterprise for Critical Mission & Application Data Storage.
– Advanced high availability with AlwaysOn.
– High performance data storage with ColumnStore.
– Maximum Virtualization (with Software Assurance).
– Includes the capabilities of the Business Intelligence edition.
Business Intelligence for premium self-service and Corporate Business Intelligence.
– Quick discovery of data with Power View.
– Corporate and scalable reports and analysis.
– Data quality services and Master data services.
– Includes the capabilities of the Standard edition.
Standard continues to offer basic database capabilities, reporting and analysis.